We are installing this system all over Lake Wylie. Electricity and water do not mix and can easliy cause death. Dock Lifeguard, LLC, was formed in July of 2012 after two engineers heard about three deaths from electrocution that happened at their local lake over the Fourth of July weekend. In two separate incidents two young children and one woman were electrocuted while swimming in the water next to their docks.
The result of these unfortunate incidents was the inspiration behind the Dock Lifeguard product. The solution was not simple, as many variables affect electricity detection in the water. Characteristics of metal change over time when placed in the water, making this dilemma require an engineered solution.
(Click to Enlarge)